- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning marinara sauce for dipping
- fresh parsley chopped, garnish, optional
- Cut raw cauliflower into small florets and place into food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower becomes the size of small grains of rice.
- Pour cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a paper towel and cook for 2-3 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Working in batches, add about 1/3 of the cooked cauliflower into a cheesecloth or clean, thin dish towel. Wring and squeeze towel to remove water from the cauliflower. The dryer the cauliflower is, the better your crust will turn out. The end result should look like something you chewed up and spit back out.
- Place drained cauliflower into a medium bowl. Add egg, 1/2 cup cheese, and herb seasoning. Mix with a large wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cauliflower mixture on top and spread with fingers to form a rectangle, 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until crust turns begins to brown. Evenly sprinkle on remaining 1 cup of cheese. Place back in oven and cook an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired. Slice breadsticks and serve with marinara sauce.