Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Balsamic Glaze & Parmesan
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze see Tip
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower. Slice the bottom of the core off so that it will sit evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil all over the cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, core-side up, for 45 minutes.
- Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and balsamic glaze together in a small bowl. Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Using a fork, gently separate the florets and drizzle the oil-and-vinegar mixture over and into the cauliflower. Roast, core-side down, for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Combine Parmesan and thyme; pat all over the surface and into the crevices of the cauliflower. Return to the oven and roast, core-side down, until tender and browned, about 15 minutes more. Before serving, drizzle the cauliflower with any excess vinaigrette that has accumulated on the baking sheet.
Tip: Balsamic glaze is balsamic vinegar that's cooked until it's very thick. Look for it with other vinegars in well-stocked supermarkets.