As you head into the new year, prioritize your and your family’s health! Subscribing to a produce subscription or a “CSA” (community-supported agriculture) box is a great way to:
- Get locally grown fruits, vegetables, and more depending on your farm.
- Try new produce with your family that you might not pick up at a store.
- Support your community farmer – many farms rely on these subscriptions as part of their business plan!
- Eat more in-season foods.
- Impress your friends and family with new vegetable and fruit-forward dishes!
During January, we are challenging you to take the pledge to sign up for a subscription. To heat-up consumers’ commitment to eating local, Maryland Secretary of Agriculture Kevin Atticks will eat a Baltimore-grown Trinidad Pimento Pepper live on social media if 100 consumers join the reFRESH pledge in January.
To find a CSA near you, check out our list by county below OR use the search function at the top!
List of CSA farms on Maryland’s Best by County: