- 1 pint oysters
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups half and half or milk scalded
- Celery diced
- Onion diced
- seafood seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- Cook oysters in their own liquor until edges curl.
- Strain oysters and combine liquor with milk on stove and heat to scald but do not boil.
- Cook bacon until crispy reserving 1-2 tb of the grease if desired.
- Sauté celery and onions in bacon grease or butter in soup pot until fragrant and softened. Sprinkle flour over and stir in; add milk and continue to simmer but do not boil. Stir in seasonings and oysters.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped bacon, oyster crackers or toasted bread, seafood seasoning or paprika… whatever you want really.