Crunchy Apple Salsa with Grilled Chicken
- 2 cups apples halved, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup 1 large Anaheim chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine salsa ingredients and mix well; allow flavors to blend about 1/2 hour. Serve over or alongside grilled chicken. Makes 3 cups salsa.
- For grilled chicken, combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken breasts. Marinate for 20-30 minutes. Drain and grill over medium-hot coals, turning once, until chicken is done.
- Serves 4.