Apple Pinwheel Meatloaf
Course: Main Course
Author: Maryland Apple Promotion Board
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onions sliced and sautéed
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 cups apples finely chopped
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper beef and then roll out to ¼ inch thickness between sheets of wax paper.
- Remove the top paper.
- Combine apple, onions, bread crumbs, sage, and sugar.
- Spread the mixture on the meat, and roll in a jelly-roll fashion.
- Place in a shallow pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.