A tasty invasive species!
Author: Chef Kevin of Myth & Moonshine
- 1 lb. snakehead, cut into two half pound fillets
- 2 Tbsp. blackening seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. 90/10, high temp, blended vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Pat fillets dry and coat one side in blackening seasoning.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil on high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Gently place fillet, seasoned side down, in hot oil.
- Rotate oil around pan while searing for 2-4 min.
- Flip with spatula and sear opposite side on high for 30 sec.
- Place entire pan in a 500 degree oven until fish flakes with fork another 2-4 min.
- Remove filet from pan and repeat steps for other fillet. (Do not fire both fillets in the same pan)
- Serve with almost anything!