Steamed Snakehead Fillet with Oyster Sauce
Author: Adapted via rainbowdiary
- 3 snakehead fillets
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 sprig spring onion cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 small chilies sliced
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- Lightly rinse fillets and lay them on a steaming plate.
- Mix the oyster sauce and light soy in a bowl and spoon over the fillets.
- Put the sliced ginger and some spring onion over the fillet.
- Steam over medium heat for about 6 minutes (sliced fish cook faster).
- Discard the ginger and onion.In a small bowl, toss in the chopped garlic and oil. Mix well.
- Heat the garlic in a pan over medium heat for about 1 to 2 minutes or until crispy.
- Spoon the crispy garlic and oil over the fish, garnish and serve.