Pecan Stuffed Apples
Author: Maryland Apple Promotion Board
- 6 apples
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ⅓ cup dried tart cherries
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup apple juice
- Core 6 apples and trim 1/3 in. off each bottom. Place in 7-8 qt. slow cooker.
- In a bowl, with fingers, combine ½ cups chopped pecans, 1/3 cups dried tart cherries, 4 Tbsp. butter (at room temperature), ¼ cups brown sugar, ¼ tsp allspice, ¼ tsp pepper, and pinch of salt.
- Stuff into centers of apples.
- Pour ¾ cups apple juice around apples.
- Cover and cook on low until tender for 4 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream.