Blackened Blue Catfish and Grits
Blackened Blue Catfish & Grits
Note: All the recipes can be adjusted to the portion needed or even be altered to taste preference!
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Lb. Catfish cut into 3 in. strips
- 1/4 Cup Blackening/Cajun Seasoning Or seasoning of your choice
- 2 Ea. Garlic Cloves Minced. (Can substitute 2 tsp. Garlic Powder)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
- Black Pepper & Table Salt To taste
- 1/4 Lb. Bacon Chopped small (optional)
- 3 Sprigs Thyme (Substitute 1 Tbsp. Dried Thyme)
- 1 Qt. Canned Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion Large diced
- 1 Bell Pepper Large diced
- 1 Tsp. red pepper flakes/ chili powder
- Blackening/Cajun Seasoning to taste
- 2 Cups Stock of Choice/Water
- 4 Ea. Garlic Minced (Substitute 4 Tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 Cups Grits
- 4 Cups Stock of Your Choice or Water
- 5 Large White Onions Minced
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Combine in a mixing bowl and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook in a cast iron skillet to blacken until just cooked through.
- Saute peppers, onions, garlic, bacon/oil, and spices until browned.
- Add stock, tomatoes, and thyme.
- Simmer until slightly thickened. Season to taste
- Saute onions until aromatic.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the grits and stir well. Bring back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the grits are tender. Stir in butter and season to taste.
- Serve grits in a bowl, top with the blackened blue catfish, and sauce.