- 1 pound lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 24 ounce container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tart apples cored, peeled, and thinly sliced (such as Jonathon, Rome, or York)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups raisins optional
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Separate noodles on waxed paper. In food processor or blender, puree cottage cheese and mix in vanilla and salt. Mix cinnamon with apples. Mix raisins into applesauce. Spray 9"x13" baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Starting with lasagna, layer lasagna, applesauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture, and apples, ending with a layer of lasagna. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender and cheese is bubbly. Serve hot or cold, or reheat in microwave.
- Makes approximately 16 servings.