Southern Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup ham chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Snap the ends off the green beans and rinse the beans in water.
- Place the green beans in a pan of boiling water over medium high heat. Cover and cook beans for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain off the water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and ham. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked green beans and 1/4 cup water to the skillet. Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours