Apple Squash Casserole
Author: Maryland Apple Promotion Board
- 2½ cups fresh butternut squash cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1½ cups sliced cooking apples
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans coarsely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter and mix in brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts, and salt and pepper.
- Put a thick layer of squash in a 1 ½ quart dish and drizzle some of the butter mixture on top.
- Add layer of apples and drizzle on more butter mixture.
- Keep repeating until all apples and squash are used.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes.