Breakfast Apple Bread
Author: Maryland Apple Promotion Board
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Mix into the butter mixture until moistened.
- Fold in the apples.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.