Apple-Nut Cheese Bread
Course: Side Dish
Author: Maryland Apple Promotion Board
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup salad oil
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 medium apple peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour 9X5 pan. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir cheese and apples and nuts just until mixed; pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the bread pulls away from the sides of the pan. Let cool for 5 minutes; remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.