Watermelon Lemonade Jam
Perfect mix of sweet and sour. Enjoy the jam with soft cheese and crackers – we loved it with butter and warm biscuits. Either way, we’re sure you’ll love it!
Servings: 3 8 ounce servings
Author: The National Watermelon Promotion Board
- 3 cups watermelon puree juice and flesh
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juice from lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sugar pectin
- 3 jelly jars with lids 8oz
- Remove rinds and puree all watermelon flesh and juice in blender with all wet ingredients, until fruit is smooth (consistent in texture).
- Add the pectin and blend quickly to evenly incorporate.
- In a large pan simmer mixture for 5 min on medium-low. Increase temperature to medium-high heat till reaches a full boil (that can’t be stopped when stirring) and hold for a minute.
- Slowly incorporate sugar.
- Return to a full boiling and hold at hard boil (that can’t be stopped when stirring) for one minute. Makes about three 8 ounce jars.
- Pour into small glass jars and lid. Be careful – the jam will be very hot!
- Allow to cool to room temp and keep in refrigerator for up to two weeks.