Fluffy Watermelon Salad
This salad can be served as a desert as well...and is just as delightful!
Servings: 8 to 12 servings
Author: The National Watermelon Promotion Board
- 3 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups watermelon puree*
- 1 cup lightly toasted coconut
- 4 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and stir into the watermelon puree.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish and chill overnight or until very firm.
- Lightly toast cup of coconut and set aside to cool.
- Add layer of whipped cream to serving dishes.
- Cut chilled gelatin/puree mixture into small squares and place in serving dishes over layer of whipped cream.
- Top with coconut.
- Add dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Serve immediately.
- *To make the watermelon puree, remove seeds from fresh watermelon and cut into large chunks. Place in a blender and process until smooth and well pureed.