Peach Crumble Dessert
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, room temperature lightly beaten
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. Dutch oven, cast iron pan or 2-1/2-qt. ovenproof baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, zest and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. If desired, serve with ice cream.