Apple Pie Muffins
Author: Maryland Apple Promotion Board
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 cups apples diced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 ¼ cups flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk, ½ cup melted butter, vanilla
and 1 ½ cups of brown sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into the flour mixture and sprinkle the diced apple into the bowl as well.
- Stir just until everything is blended.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups to the top.
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour and cinnamon.
- Drizzle in 2 Tbsp. of melted butter while tossing with a fork until well blended. Sprinkle this over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.