Author: Peter Roskovich, Black Diamond Catering
- 12-16 Chincoteague Maryland Salt Shakers oysters on the half shell
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 ½ lbs organic fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice about 1/2 of a lemon
- 12-16 slices Swiss cheese sliced thin
- fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° (or preheat broiler)
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper. Saute for about one minute, until fragrant and garlic begins to turn light brown. Add spinach and toss. Quickly add white wine and continue to toss spinach. Cover and cook until wilted, about five minutes. Once cooked, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place oysters on a baking sheet. Spoon the spinach mixture onto the oysters in the half shell. Top with swiss cheese.
- Bake seven to 10 minutes (broil four to five minutes under direct heat) until topping is bubbly and browned. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.