Crab Mac & Cheese
Featured on Maryland Farm & Harvest, “The Local Buy” Recipe, Episode 608. Recipe adapted from delish.com
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup milk
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of boiling water, cook elbows according to package directions until al dente (cooked to be firm to the bite). Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant and softened, about 3 minutes. Add flour and whisk until combined and golden, about 1 minute. Add milk and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 2 minutes until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir in ½ cup cheddar and mozzarella until melty and then remove from heat.
- Add sauce and crab meat to pot with cooked elbow pasta and stir until completely combined.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar and grated parmesan, and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes