Bacon & Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Author: No Thyme to Cook
- 1 butternut squash peeled & diced
- olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 lb. applewood smoked bacon diced
- 1/4 C. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon (optional)
- parsley minced, for garnish
- Place sheet in pan and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the butternut squash with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Spread out on the hot sheet pan and roast until fork tender - about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a saute pan over medium heat until it is crispy.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Place the roasted squash in a casserole dish. Top with bacon.
- Mix together the maple syrup and bourbon (if using) and pour over squash.
- Garnish with parsley & serve.