Gazpacho with Crab Meat
A Spanish-style soup with a Maryland twist!
Author: Chef Kevin of Myth & Moonshine
- 2 slices crustless, day-old bread (cubed)
- 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 4" section of seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cold water
- Old bay
- Local crab meat
- Soak bread cubes in water for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze excess water from bread and add to food processor along with all other ingredients reserving oil and water.
- Puree until smooth.
- With food processor on, emulsify oil into gazpacho by adding in a slow steady stream.
- Blend in water.
- Chill overnight and serve topped with a dash of old bay and fresh, local crab.