- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Strawberry Vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet onion grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 qrt ripe strawberries hulled
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 12.75 oz bottle white balsamic vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a small jar; seal tightly, and shake to blend.
- Pulse strawberries and sugar in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer berries and juice to a large bowl; stir in vinegar. Cover and let stand 2 1/2 hours.
- Strain berries and juice through a double thickness of rinsed and squeezed dry cheesecloth; discard solids. Transfer liquid to a bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.