Southwest Blue Catfish & Potato Hash
Servings: 4 people
Author: Ricky Rice Chef
- 1 Yellow Onion Medium Diced
- 1 Bell Pepper Medium Diced
- 2 Large Idaho Potato Peeled & Medium Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 Fresh Corn on Cob Cut off the Cob
- 1 small can Black Beans
- 1 lb Blue Catfish Cut into Large Chunks
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 4 tbsp Cilantro Minced To Taste
- Salt & Pepper
- Place Potatoes in a pot of cold & salted water. Bring them to a boil and then turn the heat to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until they are fork tender and still “aldente”. Shock in ice water, strain, & allow them to dry.
- Heat oil in a saute pan, sear the catfish on all possible sides. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same saute pan, brown the onions, peppers, & garlic. Add the potatoes, corn, beans, and spices. Saute on high heat to get caramelization on everything and to toast the spices.
- Lastly, add the fish into the hash and cook for an additional few minutes to cook the catfish fully.
- Season to taste, & top with chopped cilantro