Catfish and Corn Chowder
Roughly 1 Gallon
Author: Ricky Rice Chef
- 2 Celery Stalks Diced
- ½ Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Large Idaho Potato Diced
- 2 Fresh Corn on Cob Cut off the Cob
- ¼ lb Bacon Small Diced
- 1 cup Clam Juice/ Seafood Stock
- ½ lb Blue Catfish Diced
- 3 QT Heavy Cream
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour To Taste
- Old Bay To Taste
- Salt & Pepper
- Render Bacon in the pan until most of the fat has rendered.
- Cook down celery, onions, corn, potato with bacon and bacon fat. Do Not Burn Bacon. Ensure no color on vegetables.
- Add flour & mix well.
- Add heavy cream and clam juice, bring to a boil.
- Once simmering and thickened add catfish and remove from heat.
- Season with old bay, salt, and pepper and serve with Old Bay oyster crackers and micro radish greens.