Smashed Beets with Bleu Cheese Butter
Course: Side Dish
Author: Randall Smith
- 1 lb fresh beets with tops removed
- 2 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp crumbled Bleu cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, gently mix together butter, bleu cheese, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Cut beets into 1-inch chunks and cook in boiling salted water until very tender.
- Drain beets and place in serving dish. Quickly mash with the back of a fork before they cool.
- Drop spoonfuls of the beu cheese butter on top of the beets and sprinkle liberally with fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.