Ricotta Peach Cheesecake Bars
Author: Gov't House Chefs - 2018 Maryland Buy Local Cookout
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 cup peach slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Melt butter. Combine crust ingredients.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch x 9-inch brownie pan.
- Bring milk, cream, and salt to a boil.
- Turn off heat and stir in vinegar. Let sit for one minute. Mixture will separate.
- Line a screen strainer with cheesecloth and place over large bowl. Pour mixture into strainer and strain the liquids into the bowl.
- Chill and continue to drain liquid into the bowl overnight. The contents of the strainer will be quite firm the next day.
- Discard the liquid from the bowl.
- Place the firm ricotta into a food processor. Add peach slices, sugar, vanilla, and four eggs. Blend until smooth
- Pour filling mixture into pan with crust. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes to one hour. Chill and cut into squares.