Recipe courtesy of Homestead Farm http://www.homestead-farm.net/
- 1 lb. 450 g fresh raspberries
- 3 cups 710 ml vodka (or 1 1/2 cup pure grain alcohol + 1 1/2 cup water).
- 1 1/2 cup 350 g sugar
- Rinse and check the raspberries and place them in a jar, add vodka and mix. Stir daily during the first days, later at least once a week for 3-4 weeks.
- Filter the mixture of berries and alcohol and transfer the liquid to a bottle. Add sugar and shake until dissolved. After three months strain the liqueur thru a cloth. Add some more sugar if necessary. The liqueur should mellow for at least 6 months before drinking, preferably for 12 months.
- The color of the raspberry liqueur is bright red, and the flavor is delicious if the sugar content is correct and if the liqueur has been properly mellowed.