Potato Wrapped Rockfish
- 2 4 oz Rockfish filets
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil not extra-virgin
- 8 oz kale
- 8 to 10 grape tomatoes sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and spiralize the potato and toss it with the tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Pat the rockfish filets dry and season each side with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each filet with the spiralized potato.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium high heat until oil is around 350°.
- Place fish in the oil and brown on each side (2-3 minutes a side). Don’t worry about it cooking all the way through just yet.
- Remove the pan from the stove, and carefully place the fish on a plate. Put the kale and tomatoes in the pan and place the fish back on top of them. This provides a little extra cushion, so the bottom of the fish does not cook faster than the top.
- Place the 3 tablespoons of butter around the fish. (Use a garlic compound butter for a little extra flavor.)
- Place in a 450° oven and cook for 5-8 minutes. Take out when the kale looks cooked. Take a temp on the fish.