Classic Crab Imperial
Servings: 4 People
- 3 oz Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 oz half & half
- 1/2 tsp Phillips Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Pinch of paprika
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ramekins for baking (or empty natural crab shells)
- Combine all Crab Imperial ingredients (except for the crab meat) in a medium mixing bowl and whip until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add Phillips crab meat and pour imperial mixture over crab meat.
- Blend all ingredients together by tossing very gently in order to avoid breaking delicate crab lump meat.
- Place 4+ ounces of the mix into each of 4 individual ramekins (or empty natural crab shells) and bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes.
- While the imperials are cooking, combine Imperial Topping ingredients (mayonnaise, half & half, seafood seasoning, lemon juice & Worcestershire sauce) in a medium mixing bowl and whip until smooth.
- After imperials are finished baking, remove from oven and switch oven to broil.
- Top each ramekin (or natural crab shell) of baked crab imperial with the imperial topping and a pinch of paprika. Top each crab imperial with a Tbsp. of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Place in broiler to finish off until cheese has melted and imperials start to brown.