This traditional Eastern Shore favorite features creamy crab stuffing baked inside tender and flavorful chicken. This simple recipe is packed full of taste, easy to prepare and ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb Phillips Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 lb Phillips Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 3/4 cup Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp Phillips Seafood Seasoning
- 3/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp pimentos chopped, if desired
- flour seasoned with Phillips Seafood Seasoning
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Place the crab meat, parsley, and Ritz crackers into a separate bowl. Mix very lightly to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the crab mixture and combine lightly.
- Carefully use a knife to make a “pocket” in each chicken breast for the crab stuffing. Portion a mound of crab filling in the middle of each pocket and fold over to close.
- If desired, add stuffed breasts to preheated grill pan to mark exterior before baking.
- Place stuffed breasts into a casserole dish or deep baking pan.
- Season to your liking with seasoned flour and pour melted butter over top of each chicken breast.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°.