Making applesauce with local apples is quick and easy.
Cook Time20 mins
Course: Dessert, Snack
Servings: 6 Servings
Author: Maryland Apple Promotion Board
- Food mill or food processor
- 8 Apples, i.e. Cortland, Granny Smith, Macintosh
- Cinnamon To taste
- ¾ Cup Water
- 1 Tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- Peel and core apples; slice thin.
- Add just enough water to cover apples and prevent scorching
- Bring to a boil; lower heat to simmer; cover
- Cook about 20 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Put through a food mill or food processor. If you don't have a food mill or processor, you can mash with a fork for a slightly chunkier sauce.