Teriyaki Zucchini with Pasta
Recipe courtesy of Loew Vineyards http://www.loewvineyards.net/
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 4 to matoes cut in 1/2-inch pieces, or 1 can tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine Loew Vineyards Seyval Blanc works well
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 oz linguine cooked separately
- Saute onion in olive oil until golden and beginning to caramelize. Push to side of pan, add zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper, and saute until zucchini is soft. Add seasonings and liquids to pan, let simmer covered. Meanwhile, boil linguine. Combine linguine with zucchini.
- Note: this is the vegetarian version. Meat option: while zucchini is cooking, saute
- chicken breast slices, salt and pepper, and sprinkle with teriyaki sauce. Nestle into the prepared zucchini, and serve with pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.
- Pair with Loew Vineyards Seyval Blanc.