Szechuan Beef Stir Fry
Recipe courtesy of Hedgeapple Farm http://www.hedgeapplefarm.com/
- 1 lb beef shoulder center steak Ranch Steak or boneless top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 package 10 oz fresh vegetable stir-fry blend
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup prepared sesame-ginger stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice or brown rice prepared without butter or salt
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine vegetables and water in large nonstick skillet; cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain vegetables. Set aside. Meanwhile, cut beef steaks into 1/4-inch thick strips. Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic. Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Cook's Tips:
- - Four cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrots may be substituted for 1 package vegetable stir-fry blend.
- - Your favorite stir-fry sauce flavor may be substituted for the sesame-ginger flavor.
- - An electric skillet may be substituted for large nonstick skillet. Set skillet to 375 degrees for cooking. If using a non-coated electric skillet, add additional 1-tablespoon water when cooking vegetables to prevent over browning.