Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy of Liganore Winecellars http://www.liganore-wine.com/
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 5 oz can evaporated skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, brown sugar, pecans, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir to form a streusel and set aside. Place potatoes in a sauce pan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until very tender. Drain well, place in a large bowl and mash. Add 1 cup of streusel, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, egg white, and evaporated skim milk to the mashed potatoes. Spoon into a 2 qt casserole coated with cooking spray and top with remaining streusel. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Pair with Liganore White Raven or Terrapin White.