Roasted Mushroom “Bruschetta”
Roasted Mushroom "Bruschetta"
- 1/2 lb Oyster Mushrooms Pulled apart
- 1/2 lb Shitake Mushrooms Pulled apart
- 1/2 ea Red Onion Roughly chopped
- 1 ea Garlic Head chopped in half
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Rosemary Fresh; minced
- 1 tbsp Parsley Fresh; minced
- 2 ea Green Onions Sliced thin
- 1 tbsp Oregano Dried
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1/4 tsp Back Pepper
- Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Toasted Baguette sliced to desired thickness
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bulb of garlic in half. Place cut side down on aluminum foil that has been lightly greased with a drizzle of olive oil, then season with a pinch of salt and roast at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms, red onions, and cherry tomatoes in olive oil until nicely coated, and then season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for five to seven minutes or until nicely caramelized.
- Remove the mushroom mixture from the oven and chill until cooled then roughly chop.
- Take half the head of roasted garlic and squeeze it into a mixing bowl then mash with a spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients, olive oil as desired, and season to taste.
- Assemble as desired on toasted baguette slices. Suggested garnishes include sliced green onions and drizzled olive oil and balsamic glaze.