Gazpacho with Crab Meat
A Spanish-style soup with a Maryland twist!
- 2 slices crustless, day-old bread (cubed)
- 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 4" section of seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cold water
- Old bay
- Local crab meat
Soak bread cubes in water for 15 minutes.
Squeeze excess water from bread and add to food processor along with all other ingredients reserving oil and water.
Puree until smooth.
With food processor on, emulsify oil into gazpacho by adding in a slow steady stream.
Blend in water.
Chill overnight and serve topped with a dash of old bay and fresh, local crab.