Quick Bison French Dip
Recipe courtesy of Gunpowder Bison and Trading www.gunpowderbison.com
- 1 package GBT Bison Chipsteak
- 4 tbsp butter softened and divided
- 2 medium onions halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 French baguette sliced into 4 equal parts, and split open
- 4 sliced Provolone cheese
Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown Chipsteak in a large skillet. Remove and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Butter both sides of the bread and bake until lightly crisp and heated through, about 5 minutes.
Arrange browned bison meat onto bread. Place a slice of cheese on each sandwich and heat in oven until cheese is melted. Pour a portion of the broth and onions into 4 small cups or bowls. Serve with dipping broth.