Broccoli Mushroom Noodle Casserole
Recipe courtesy of Provident Farm http://www.providentorganicfarm.com/
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb mushrooms cut in halves or quarters
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 lb broccoli cut into flowerets and pieces of stem
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cup wide flat noodles or other favorite pasta shape
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs or 2 tbsp wheat germ divided
- 1/2-1 cup grated cheese Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Muenster
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in large skillet or saute pan. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Increase heat to medium-high. Add broccoli and toss just until tender crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in wine. Set aside.
Beat eggs in a large bowl and whisk in the ricotta or cottage cheese and sour cream. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until al dente or still firm to the bite. Drain thoroughly. Combine vegetables and cheese mixture. Stir in noodles and half of bread crumbs. Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking or casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining bread crumbs. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15-30 minutes or until heated through and lightly brown.